EDP has a population of 1,600+ residents and 50% live below the poverty line. The neighborhood is an ethnically diverse and vibrant community. There are many resources and groups for residents:
El Dorado Park Community Development Corporation (EDP CDC) Neighborhood Center
Mission Statement: “We share our needs and talents to build up our community. We help each other. Together we will learn to better utilize community resources.”
The Center was an idea envisioned by EDP residents to improve the quality of life in El Dorado Park by building and strengthening relationships between El Dorado Park residents and other entities.
The Center is located at 1338 E. San Ramon Street, Apt B, and opens from 9 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday. The Center is a place to:
- Gather for building relationships
- Support the maintenance of the alleys by working with residents and property owners
- Organize trips to Fresno activities
- Help residents get IDs, social security cards, medical
- Offer English as Second Language (ESL) classes. (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons).
- Offer food distribution. (Wednesday at 11 AM and Thursday at 4 PM).
Base Camp at Wesley United Methodist Church is a free community meal on Thursday evenings at 5:30pm in the Fireside Room. Enjoy a wonderful meal with your El Dorado Park neighbors, Wesley folks, and family. Volunteers are always needed and welcomed.
Wesley United Methodist Church runs a Food Bag Program (bag of non-perishable groceries and household items) bag of food for families of the El Dorado neighborhood. Bags are available during office hours, Monday through Thursday, from 9 am to 4pm and Friday, from 9 am to noon. Volunteers or donations are always appreciated.
The Pink Cow Thrift Shop
- Tuesdays & Thursdays & first Saturday of the Month: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Third Sunday of the Month: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
12 Step Groups
- Compulsive Eaters Anonymous-HOW, Alcoholics Anonymous, Overeaters Anonymous, Co-Dependents Anonymous, Al-Anon Family Groups
- 12-Steps Recovery at Wesley 9-10
Food not Bombs
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Fireside Room Kitchen at Wesley UMC
- Help feed the homeless and hungry
- Volunteers always needed and welcomed:
- Work in the kitchen
- Serve at Roeding Park
- Work and Serve